Saturday, April 24, 2010

Beautiful moment


I am sitting in the Rochester Hills library.

As I studied the the mechanisms of hyperkalemia, I turned to my right. Little did I know that this little visual break would lead to a breathtaking moment.

Paint Creek Trail runs adjacent to where I am sitting and I just saw a man pushing his elderly father (assuming) down the trail. The elderly man was in his wheelchair with his head down probably enjoying the breath of fresh air and his son was strolling while stealing glances at the scenery.

People walk by all day with there friends, family, pets but this moment is unique in its beauty. The backdrop of the trees and the serenity provided by the flowers in front made this so livable, so real. Everything about this was so wonderfully natural.

The concept of "care" has always fascinated me. It is so simple to wake up and care for ourselves in every moment of our lives. The ability to truly care for some else, take care of- and be carefully aware someone's needs, to just devote moments of our lives unselfishly to others is a gift. It's easy to say this, but I am realizing while typing how much my life lacks this.

Seeing this form of caring was simply refreshing.

No comments:

Post a Comment